In this video, learn how to download and install the FFmpeg library so Audacity will have the ability to import and export a much wider range of file types.
- [Instructor] Because Audacity is distributed … as a free open-source program, … it has some initial limitations … on the types of audio file formats it can import and export. … In the past, for example, … you couldn't convert files to MP3s in Audacity … without installing additional files. … Because of recent changes in software patents, … you can now work with MP3s in Audacity natively, … but there are still many formats that you can't open … or export without installing an additional file manually. … But I highly recommend you do this, … because it gives you a much larger selection … of formats you can work with. … In Audacity, go to Preferences. … On Windows you'll go to Edit Preferences. … And here select Libraries. … So you can see here that the MP3 library is now built-in. … But we also want to make sure we have the … FFmpeg library installed. … This is what lets you open and export files … in the popular M4A or AAC format … as well as the WMA format and QuickTime formats … if you're working with audio from video files. …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.