Learn about one of the most common tasks you’ll perform in Audacity, to edit existing audio. Importing existing audio into Audacity is very simple. Audacity can open many of the most common file formats including wav, aif, mp3, and so on.
- [Garrick] Okay, now that it's installed, … we can open up Audacity. … Doing so opens up a new project window, … as we see here, currently blank. … Now one of the most common tasks … you'll likely perform on Audacity … is to edit existing audio. … Maybe you need to trim down a lecture you recorded, … or maybe you want to use just part of a song … to place into a project you're working on. … Whatever the case, importing existing audio … into Audacity is really simple. … Audacity can open many of the most common file formats, … including WAV files, .AIFs, MP3s and so on. … And there are a couple of different ways to import audio. … On both the Mac and Windows versions, … you can go to the file menu and choose … either open or import audio. … You'll only see the import option if you already have … a project open like we have here … and choosing import places the file into … your existing project, rather than … opening it on its own. … To open a file, you can also use the keyboarrd command …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.