To install Audacity on your computer, open your web browser and go to audacityteam.org. You’ll find links to download the installer for Audacity for both Macs and Windows PCs. Get a walk through of the process of setting up Audacity on both platforms, in this video.
- [Instructor] To install Audacity on your computer, … open your web browser and go to audacityteam.org. … Here on the front page … you should see the Download Audacity button. … This will always be a link … to the most current version of Audacity that's available. … You can see as of this recording it's version 2.3.3. … So clicking this button will bring you to the download page … and from here you can download the version … for the operating system you're using. … I'm on a Mac so I'll click the Mac link. … Now before we continue, … I want to mention that if you do a Google … or web search for Audacity to look for the installer, … you'll find links to download it from a variety of sources … like SourceForge.net, or CNET, … and lots of other sites … reporting to have links to download the software. … Now in the past it was found … that some of these third-party sites … were bundling malicious apps and junkware … along with their downloads … as well as littering their pages … with deceptive ads trying to trick visitors …
- Downloading and installing Audacity
- Importing audio
- Setting up hardware to record
- Recording two tracks simultaneously
- Basic editing and common effects
- Splitting clips
- Exporting a project
- Inserting silence
- Bleeping unwanted words and sounds
Skill Level Beginner
Audio Foundations: Delay and Modulationwith Alex U. Case2h 20m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
3. Basic Editing
4. Common Tasks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.