- [Narrator] The most important thing in creating a successful podcast that creates, reaches, and engages an audience is to identify the audience you want to reach ahead of time. This starts with identifying what you are truly passionate about or what angers you, what truly moves you, maybe what makes you sad, and what problem you are trying to solve. Take some time to answer those questions and create a persona or avatar for your ideal listener.
What is their age, gender? What are their likes and dislikes? Where do they hang out online? Where do they shop? What career do they have, et cetera? This will guide you throughout the process as you pick your title, format, create your content, and finally launch. Identifying the audience you want to reach is crucial to the success of your podcast. Take time before you do anything else to figure this out.
- Identifying your audience
- Choosing a title, format, and length
- Buying recording equipment and software
- Recording and editing your podcast
- Mastering your podcast episodes for distribution
- Publishing your podcast
- Measuring your audience
- Promoting and marketing your podcast