- [Instructor] This course was designed for people who do not have any previous experience with recording equipment or software, though if you already have some experience, this course will be a great reminder of best practices as you begin to create a podcast. My goals for this course are: that you will have a complete first episode of your podcast by the time you finish, that it will sound amazing, that it will reach your ideal listeners, and that it will grow an audience of engaged listeners. During the recording, editing, and mixing videos, I'll be using Pro Tools First and Audacity as my digital audio workstations.
This doesn't mean that you have to use these DAWs. It's meant as a demonstration, and the techniques and approaches to recording, editing, and mixing your podcast can be applied to your DAW of choice. Other than that, all you need is a desire to make a podcast, an idea of who you want to reach, some idea of what you want to say, and a few important pieces of equipment, all of which I'll cover in this course.
- Identifying your audience
- Choosing a title, format, and length
- Buying recording equipment and software
- Recording and editing your podcast
- Mastering your podcast episodes for distribution
- Publishing your podcast
- Measuring your audience
- Promoting and marketing your podcast