Learn Atom, the text editor for programming and web development. Discover how to write and edit code, customize the interface, collaborate with code pairing, integrate Git and GitHub, and more.
- [Ray] Like it or not, developers spend most of their time inside some type of editor or IDE. So if you're watching this, you're probably wondering what the big deal is about Atom. Now, Atom prides itself in being easy to customize, but it's a lot more than that. In this course, I'm going to go beyond the basics and show you how to get the most out of Atom, the hackable text editor from GitHub. This little editor is built within what's essentially a browser, so customizing Atom means working with web technologies you're already familiar with like CSS.
Atom was built by web developers for web developers. Because it's built by GitHub, it has some of the best Git and GitHub integration. So if this sounds like something you'd like to learn, let's get started.
- Downloading and installing Atom
- Managing tabs and panes
- Managing and folding content
- Changing text
- Working with selections
- Customizing Atom packages
- Customizing themes
- Paid coding with Atom Teletype
- Working with the Atom IDE
- Installing useful packages
- Integrating Atom with Git and GitHub