Learn about how to access the dashboard view in Asana, add project summaries to your dashboard, review project status and information, and even update project status from the dashboard.
- [Instructor] When working on projects,…whether it be in Asana or in the real world,…it's always nice to get a high-level view…of the project as a whole.…Are tasks on time?…What's the status?…And even hold conversations.…This can all be done using a feature built into Asana…called the Dashboard.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…We'll start by going up to Dashboard…up here at the top and clicking.…Now, by default, you're not going to see any high-level views…of any of your projects until you add them.…And you can see there is a link here…to add a project summary.…
All you need to do is click here…to select the project you want to add.…With the free version, you can add up to three projects.…If you upgrade to the premium membership,…you can add as many projects as you want to your Dashboard.…And here's where we go to type in their names.…Now, if you're not sure of the name,…for example Company Picnic is one of ours,…we could just start typing in the word picnic…and you can see it's part of Company Picnic.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Cite the Asana hierarchy.
- Explain how to approve team join requests.
- Describe how to build a project task list.
- Recall how to modify a project task list.
- Describe how to access a project on a mobile device.
- Cite the methods for tagging and following tasks.
- Explain how to create and update a dashboard.
- Recognize the benefits of working in calendar view.