Communication is key, so you need to learn how to set your ego aside and play well with others.
- [Instructor] Building your art career is a funny thing.…You spend a lot of time trying to fine tune your craft…in solitary, then are thrust into a position…where teamwork is necessary to work on a project.…It can be quite jarring,…but the ability to play well with others…will greatly benefit your career in the long run.…Understanding how to create a cohesive world…will start to make production on a project fun,…because everyone's on the same page.…Once your team gets rolling,…it becomes a well-oiled machine.…I was fortunate enough to work on the Oasis…with an amazing overseas team called Omens Studios.…
Serving as a concept art lead, I had to work…with the producers to make sure all the assets…were created in a timely manner for the rest of the team.…I would then work with the animators and modelers…by making revisions and additional notes…on the final 3D models.…I would supply concepts and turnarounds,…explaining my designs clearly,…similar to ones like these.…Since I was working remotely, and only communicating…
- What is concept art?
- Producing concept art
- Developing images
- The difference between design and illustration
- Communicating your ideas
- Sketching in your sketchbook
- Making characters and creatures
- Conceptualizing vehicles, props, and environments
- Working with 3D artists and animators
- Creating a cohesive universe
- Building your portfolio
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Story and Character Development for Animationwith Andrew Gordon15m 4s Intermediate
1. The Production Pipeline
2. Developing Ideas
3. Types of Concept Art
4. It's a Team Effort
Needs vs. wants56s
5. Starting Your Journey: Becoming a Concept Artist
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.