Learn about creating assets that no one thinks about, but which are needed to make a game or film work (for example, chairs, trees, and boxes).
- [Presenter] Understanding and being able to draw…everyday objects is a vital skill to have,…especially when creating vehicles and props.…Not all the time will you be asked to design…a cool spaceship, or a zombie destroying tank.…Sometimes you'll be asked just to draw a basic car,…a train, or even a simple chair.…What helps a world feel believable is that it is…grounded in reality, and feels familiar to the viewer.…Take for instance my concept for the Dragon Express.…This was a vehicle design I did for a personal project.…
I used a lot of studies of trains, and real chairs…from museums, and combined them to create a villain's…mode of transportation.…I am neither a train engineer, nor a mechanic.…But the design feels believable because it is…based off of something from life.…Understanding how things work around you will help…boost your creativity.…It will also allow you to design things that appear…functional, and look like they could exist.…
- What is concept art?
- Producing concept art
- Developing images
- The difference between design and illustration
- Communicating your ideas
- Sketching in your sketchbook
- Making characters and creatures
- Conceptualizing vehicles, props, and environments
- Working with 3D artists and animators
- Creating a cohesive universe
- Building your portfolio
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Story and Character Development for Animationwith Andrew Gordon15m 4s Intermediate
1. The Production Pipeline
2. Developing Ideas
3. Types of Concept Art
4. It's a Team Effort
Needs vs. wants56s
5. Starting Your Journey: Becoming a Concept Artist
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.