In this video, learn about production.
- [Patrick] When I first started out I was new to the game,…so I started at the bottom of the food chain.…I did a lot of production work,…like turnarounds and callouts, similar to some of these.…Now for this project, a world was already established.…So I had to match my designs to a preexisting style.…Turnarounds aren't really that much fun to do,…because of how tedious, time-consuming,…and technical they can be.…Plus maintaining a likeness in different angles…can be brutal.…
However, you learn so much from them,…and it definitely humbled and helped me…to become a better artist.…I learned they are crucial to the needs of a project,…and I think every artist should do them…to understand that production is not always filled with…awe-inspiring illustrations and finished paintings.…It's also filled with the grunt work…that is necessary for a project to succeed.…A lot of this is now done directly in 3-D…with tools like Zbrush.…However, regardless of the medium,…being able to produce things like turnarounds…brings an important skill set to your role on team.…
- What is concept art?
- Producing concept art
- Developing images
- The difference between design and illustration
- Communicating your ideas
- Sketching in your sketchbook
- Making characters and creatures
- Conceptualizing vehicles, props, and environments
- Working with 3D artists and animators
- Creating a cohesive universe
- Building your portfolio
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Story and Character Development for Animationwith Andrew Gordon15m 4s Intermediate
1. The Production Pipeline
2. Developing Ideas
3. Types of Concept Art
4. It's a Team Effort
Needs vs. wants56s
5. Starting Your Journey: Becoming a Concept Artist
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.