Learn about next steps to take.
- Thank you so much for joining me. I hope I've been able to help clarify your next step in your creative career. Being able to get paid to do what you love to do is an amazing thing. But it takes focus, determination, flexibility, and to always be expanding your skills, especially if you work digitally. The good news is that the world of art and illustration offers you more and more potential all the time. There are constantly new tools with which to express your ideas.
We'll be there with you every step of the way bringing you courses you need to stay competitive. Our team is always researching what the most important developments are when planning new courses. We also read your feedback and use that to help us determine what worked and what you need next. Because of this, please take the time to share your thoughts with us via the feedback button. If there's something you need that we don't have, please tell us. And now, go forth and create beautiful works.
The world is waiting to see your next masterpiece.
Kristin Ellison—the content manager of art and illustration at LinkedIn Learning—kicks off the course by walking through the core elements of the creative process: drawing, composition, and color. Next, she highlights the specific skills and software you'll need to successfully launch a career in 2D illustration, 3D illustration, and fine art. To wrap up, Kristin covers the business of art and illustration, sharing how to promote, present, and get paid for your work. Throughout the course, Kristin mentions additional courses you can reference to get an in-depth look at specific tools and skills.
- Learning about the core elements of the creative process
- Understanding the power of composition
- Understanding color
- Pursuing careers in 2D illustration, 3D illustration, and fine art
- Promoting and presenting your work
- Getting paid for your work