- Gathering words, images, styles, and fonts for inspiration
- Solo brainstorming techniques
- Sketching the logo
- Creating logos with depth
- Adding additional value through symbolic storytelling
- Preparing to present your design to clients
- Helping clients understand your logo designs
Skill Level Beginner
- You and I both know why design has become such a critical part of communication. Like the very first storytellers that drew icons on cave walls, we know that the most enduring story is crafted from a simple picture. Even the most simple symbol can be brimming to overflowing with such immediate impact that clients build empires and consumers build lifestyles around them. It's a pretty awesome power, but it's also fair to say that many logos never live up to their potential.
Not because the creator didn't care, but because the creative process didn't allow the designer to coax the true possibilities out of the shell. This course is designed to add to the foundation of your creative process, designed to push you deeper and help you address your opportunities fully and prepared. We'll build the ideal kit of visual brand resources to nourish our logo design journey.
We'll break down the process of selecting words and images rich with pertinent symbolism that target our objectives. Discover the best styles and fonts to evoke just the tone, suited perfectly for our project, and what to look for in competitive branding that might just give you some industry insight. Next, we're going to look at ways to tunnel into idea generating way below the surface, how to discover rich ideas and maneuver around cliches that act like roadblocks.
Take an unexpected tour with word mapping and learn how to solo brainstorm in a way that will take you places you never expected. I'll share insights into the sketching process that'll build confidence in how you create. Walk with me through case studies packed with examples. You'll be able to translate to your own projects. Find out why progression and reduction are your new best friends and prepare to learn how depth of meaning and smart visual storytelling will change the way clients look at your design and you as a designer.
Lastly, trek with me into the presentation process. Find out how to prepare for the make or break moment of this entire journey. What is your client actually looking for and how can you deliver it? How to keep the decision makers on track and assure they have an appreciation for your work and the process you've crafted to reach a remarkable solution, a manifestation of their objectives.
And just maybe the simple mark around which the very next empire is built.