This video recaps the the painting process by going back through the different stages of the painting and the key things to remember to look out for in your painting.
- So I really hope you've enjoyed…all the lessons on this course.…And you can start to see how by using…those smaller tonal studies to start with…can really help you to refine your vision…before you start on a larger scale painting.…Remember to step back from your work…to see how it's coming together as a whole…and keep on changing your painting position…from up close to the canvas to then stepping right back.…It'll give you a much better overall feel…of how the painting's working.…
I really hope you get some fantastic results…with the painting.…Working with the harmonized color pallette…to create that depth and glow in the paintings…and then working with the rigger brush…to add all the lovely little fine elements of detail…so the whole painting comes together…to really capture that glow of a Venice sunset.…I really look forward to seeing you…on the next painting course.…
- Painting color and light with acrylics
- Observing different lighting conditions
- Choosing the right materials and brush size
- Adding texture onto the canvas
- Drawing architecture accurately using verticals and scaling up
- Judging color in isolation to mix harmonious color strings
- Practicing line variation with the rigger brush
- Adding fine lines for architectural detail
- Painting water
- Thinking abstractly to create impressionistic brush marks
- Increasing color saturation
- Injecting a warmth and glow by glazing
- Adding an impressionistic flair with a palette knife
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Urban Sketchingwith Will Kemp3h 28m Intermediate
1. Materials and Setup
2. Drawing Out and Black and White Study
3. Mixing Pastel Base Colors
4. Extending Our Color Palette
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.