This videos discusses the exercise files.
- The exercise files for this course are available to everyone, so before you move on to the next movie, please download them. In this folder, there's a document called Course Links. This contains the names of all the courses that I recommend, along with their corresponding links. You'll see the course names flash across the lower part of the screen as I mention them, but don't feel you need to write them down because you'll already have them in this document.
Kristin Ellison—the content manager of art and illustration at LinkedIn Learning—kicks off the course by walking through the core elements of the creative process: drawing, composition, and color. Next, she highlights the specific skills and software you'll need to successfully launch a career in 2D illustration, 3D illustration, and fine art. To wrap up, Kristin covers the business of art and illustration, sharing how to promote, present, and get paid for your work. Throughout the course, Kristin mentions additional courses you can reference to get an in-depth look at specific tools and skills.
- Learning about the core elements of the creative process
- Understanding the power of composition
- Understanding color
- Pursuing careers in 2D illustration, 3D illustration, and fine art
- Promoting and presenting your work
- Getting paid for your work