Join Amy Wynne for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo files, part of Figure Drawing: Tonal Rendering.
- [Narrator] Practice is the key to improving your figure drawings. Throughout the course, I'll provide inspiring visual resources to work from in our Exercise Files. The Exercise Files include photos of our model to draw from, as well as printable worksheets to make practicing the concepts faster and easier. Images like these cylinders are especially designed to support your practice. And the beauty is that you can come back to them over and over again to build your skills. Tonal gradient worksheets will make shading the figure easier, and details from Master drawings will inspire your mark making.
So, use these Exercise Files when you're prompted to do so to practice what you learn in the chapters ahead. Think of them as your homework for each chapter. The more you exercise the concepts, the stronger your drawings will become.
- Creating a five-part tonal gradient
- Flat vs. dramatic light
- Rendering light and shadow
- Lighting your model
- Adding tonality
- Simplifying figures into basic volumes
- Silhouette and camouflage