This video discusses your possible role in the production pipeline, and goes into using your strengths to get into the field.
- [Instructor] I did a lot of grunt work…in the beginning of my career,…but as I developed my skill and confidence,…I proved myself to be a good designer to my clients.…In turn, I began gaining more jobs…in the blue sky phase of a project.…One of my first big gigs was with the same company…I did a lot of these turn-arounds for.…This time, I was a little bit of an art director…but I also got to design the main characters…and locations for a short film called The Oasis.…This was so much fun to do, because I was able to…throw everything out there and just go for it.…
I did everything on this project from initial blue sky…to layout, environments, call-outs,…and even paint-over revisions.…It was a lot of fun, and the whole process was made easier…by my time spent on production on previous projects…earlier in my career.…Understanding and being able to do everything from blue sky…to production makes you a value asset…as you can cover the whole production pipeline,…so knowing your abilities or learning new ones…is going to be very important, so you can…
- What is concept art?
- Producing concept art
- Developing images
- The difference between design and illustration
- Communicating your ideas
- Sketching in your sketchbook
- Making characters and creatures
- Conceptualizing vehicles, props, and environments
- Working with 3D artists and animators
- Creating a cohesive universe
- Building your portfolio
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Story and Character Development for Animationwith Andrew Gordon15m 4s Intermediate
1. The Production Pipeline
2. Developing Ideas
3. Types of Concept Art
4. It's a Team Effort
Needs vs. wants56s
5. Starting Your Journey: Becoming a Concept Artist
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.