This video provides a visual introduction to extra mediums and materials, from glazing liquid to a palette knife.
- [Instructor] So here are the additional materials…that I've got.…I've got a two-inch decorator's brush,…and this is for laying out the color ground.…I've got a size 45 cranked-handle palette knife,…it's got an angle onto the palette knife,…so when you're mixing the paint…you don't get your fingers into the paint,…you can just work onto the surface.…I've also got some brush cleaner.…This is a Masters brush cleaner,…and it can be very handy…just for getting all of the paint pigments…out of your bristles of your brush.…
This is called a double dipper,…and you use this for just putting some medium…into the dippers and you can then attach that…to the side of your stay wet palette…or your tear off palette, sorry,…just so that you can dip the brush into it.…And then if you've got any empty glass jars,…these can be handy if you mixed up a lot of one paint color…and you want to use it for other paintings.…And then some paper towel or kitchen roll…and we can use this for cleaning all of the moisture…and the pigments out of our brushes…
- Painting color and light with acrylics
- Observing different lighting conditions
- Choosing the right materials and brush size
- Adding texture onto the canvas
- Drawing architecture accurately using verticals and scaling up
- Judging color in isolation to mix harmonious color strings
- Practicing line variation with the rigger brush
- Adding fine lines for architectural detail
- Painting water
- Thinking abstractly to create impressionistic brush marks
- Increasing color saturation
- Injecting a warmth and glow by glazing
- Adding an impressionistic flair with a palette knife
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Urban Sketchingwith Will Kemp3h 28m Intermediate
1. Materials and Setup
2. Drawing Out and Black and White Study
3. Mixing Pastel Base Colors
4. Extending Our Color Palette
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.