This video covers using a rigger brush we can add details to the architectural elements in the painting,
(gentle music)…- So I've just cleaned my water…and just wiped down the surface for the glazes,…and now I'm going to continue on…with a bit of the permanent rose,…which has this really lovely pinky quality to it,…a little bit of the cadmium yellow light.…So it's another orange,…but it's got a little bit more vibrancy to it.…
I'm just going to blush this on the right hand side.…A little bit of that same color into the water.…So I'm just looking for the areas…where I painted the oranges to start with,…so these orange tones here.…Then I'm just glazing this on top,…just to give it a little bit of vibrancy.…
And go a bit pinker towards the bottom of the painting.…It's just great for adding color under your tonal base…that we've already painted in.…
I can add some of that same color over the building.…So you're kind squinting your eyes at the buildings…to see what tone goes over the whole area.…So this pinky tone is quite nice over the shadows…on this building here on the left.…Then I'm going to add a bit more yellow…to make more of an orangy yellow…
- Painting color and light with acrylics
- Observing different lighting conditions
- Choosing the right materials and brush size
- Adding texture onto the canvas
- Drawing architecture accurately using verticals and scaling up
- Judging color in isolation to mix harmonious color strings
- Practicing line variation with the rigger brush
- Adding fine lines for architectural detail
- Painting water
- Thinking abstractly to create impressionistic brush marks
- Increasing color saturation
- Injecting a warmth and glow by glazing
- Adding an impressionistic flair with a palette knife
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Urban Sketchingwith Will Kemp3h 28m Intermediate
1. Materials and Setup
2. Drawing Out and Black and White Study
3. Mixing Pastel Base Colors
4. Extending Our Color Palette
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.