Join Zahraa Khalil for an in-depth discussion in this video Setup the keypad library, part of Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardware.
- [Instructor] Often times when you use…the keypad component,…you need to include the library…in the Arduino software.…In order to check if you have the library or not,…you go to Sketch,…Include Library,…and then look around if you see the keypad library.…If you don't see it around,…then you need to download it from the website.…To do so,…you need to go to this website,…so you need to download this zip file.…And then once downloaded,…you go to Download,…then unzip the file.…
Alright, so once you have the folder,…you need to move it…to the libraries within the Arduino software.…So you go where is Arduino,…Libraries,…and then you place it in here.…Alright, so let's go back…and check if we have the library within the software.…You might need to restart the software again,…so just open a new one.…
Alright, so you go and check if you have the library now.…See, we have the keypad now.…Sometimes, if cannot even see it in here,…the way to do it…is you go to Manage Libraries,…and then simply search…for the keypad.…And then download any of the libraries available.…
- Interfacing with an LCD screen
- Wiring and coding the LCD interface
- Displaying random numbers on the LCD
- Interfacing with a seven-segment LED component
- Cycling through LEDs
- Using a shift register to interface with a seven-segment LED
- Interfacing with a keypad
- Combining the LCD, keypad, and LED
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Pulse Width Modulationwith Rae Hoyt1h 16m Intermediate
The devices used38s
1. Interface with an LCD
2. Interface with a 7-Segment LED Directly
3. Interface with a 7-Segment LED Using a Shift Register
4. Interface with a Keypad
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.