Join Zahraa Khalil for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the 7-segment LED, part of Learning Arduino: Interfacing with Hardware.
- [Instructor] Now, in this part of the course, I'm going to use the seven-segment LED with Arduino. I'll be doing this in three parts. First, just introducing the seven-segment LED and connecting it to Arduino in order to see how it works. Second, using the software in order to show numbers and letters by understanding the truth table of the seven-segment LED. Finally, we're going to use the seven-segment LED with the shift register. We'll be covering some programming concepts like loops and arrays and when we are using the shift register.
- Interfacing with an LCD screen
- Wiring and coding the LCD interface
- Displaying random numbers on the LCD
- Interfacing with a seven-segment LED component
- Cycling through LEDs
- Using a shift register to interface with a seven-segment LED
- Interfacing with a keypad
- Combining the LCD, keypad, and LED
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Arduino: Pulse Width Modulationwith Rae Hoyt1h 16m Intermediate
The devices used38s
1. Interface with an LCD
2. Interface with a 7-Segment LED Directly
3. Interface with a 7-Segment LED Using a Shift Register
4. Interface with a Keypad
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.