- [Voiceover] Administration of Vault includes…how to manage files and how to render…the previews of the files.…For example, for an AutoCAD DWG file,…Vault creates small DWF versions…of the files for previewing.…You can manage how and when this occurs.…Let's look at the administration.…First, we're going to log into the Vault Basic Client,…User Name, Administrator,…the IP or name of your server,…and we'll pick your Vault.…In this case, I'm picking MyVault.…I'll click OK.…Under Tools Administration,…we'll pick Vault Settings.…
In here, we have two tabs,…Files and Visualization.…With Files, we can look at duplicate file names.…We can Enforce Unique File Names.…That way, no two files can have the same name…in the entire Vault.…This is very powerful,…especially when you want to make sure…that all the files within your Vault are unique.…We can disable the check-in of design files…like DWGS, and so on.…Since we we're using Vault Basic,…we will use AutoCAD or an AutoCAD-based product…to check in and check out files anyway.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.