- [Voiceover] When you initially set up Vault,…you may only have a few files.…Over time, you may have thousands of files,…including DWGs, PDFs, documents, and images.…Navigation will be clean if you keep…your folder structure well maintained.…But the easiest way to find files is…within the Search tools.…Let's try that now.…First, I'm going to add a couple files…to our existing data structure.…Inside of Vault, we have My Project, Notes,…Office, and Source, without any files in our current Vault.…So I'm going to drag and drop, from our Exercise Files,…My Lazy Dog into the Office folder,…because it's a Windows doc file, click OK,…and we're going to put the PDF,…Vault Best Practices Whitepaper,…we'll put that in the Notes subfolder, click OK.…
And there we are.…Now, at any time, we could pick on the Vault Explorer,…and you'll see the Search Vault Explorer,…and you can just type something in.…So if I'm looking for, say, dog,…so I'm just going to go *dog*,…the star being a wild card or a way of saying…anything that becomes ahead of dog or after dog is fine,…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.