Join Gordon Luckett for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learn Vault: The Basics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] If you remember of Lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. The files should be extracted to your desktop. In the ExerciseFiles folder, you'll see dwgs, text files, a png, a pdf, and a word document. These are all the files you'll need during the video. Much of the dwg data for this course was downloaded from the city of Nanaimo, so if you want to download some of the raw data, you can find it at http://data.nanaimo.ca.
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional