- [Voiceover] Every file has its properties,…such as file type or creation date.…With Vault Professional,…you can add your own properties to the file.…Customizing these properties…will give your files the metadata required…for very powerful searches.…Vault properties can be mapped…to a property inside the file.…They can store important data about the file,…and can act as metadata to speed up searching.…We can find the properties inside the Behaviors tab.…But before we do that,…we must have our categories already set up.…Whether it's a folder category or a file category, or so on,…these should be set up prior to setting up our properties.…
Categories are critical in Vault Professional.…We go into the Properties Definitions.…You will see a whole series of existing…system-based file properties,…such as the date or visibility and things like that.…Now, if you create a new property,…you can use it in multiple locations,…using multiple categories.…So you can have an owner, your user-defined property,…and that could be tied to anything.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.