- [Voiceover] Each time a file is updated in Vault…a version is saved within the vault.…This process could rapidly increase…the space needed on the server.…By purging the files the reduction of the…server size is drastically reduced.…Let's go into the…Autodesk Data Management Server Console…and look how to do that.…So I have one vault here called MYVAULT,…so if I right-click on that vault…I have an option here called Purge Files.…So I could say keep all the versions…except the latest five,…or I could even say the latest ten and so on.…
I can also purge it based on time.…I can purge everything that's a half a year old.…Or, I could even purge everything…with a particular comment,…saying where delete me or junk.…So, you could run this through.…Now be very careful that you…specify clearly what you want.…You may not want to delete all the old files.…A simple back-up may be the best way…to archive your data.…And I would actually recommend,…before a purge,…to do a full back-up of your vault…prior to purging your data…or you may loose data that you don't want to.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.