Join Gordon Luckett for an in-depth discussion in this video Organization of files and folders, part of Learn Vault: The Basics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Before adding files into Vault,…the best practice is to create folders…to organize your files first.…These folders will work as a template…for all new organizations, projects,…or departments within Vault.…Let's open up Autodesk Vault Basic 2016 now.…When logging in, we can choose either the Vault account…or Windows account.…In this case, we're just going to log in…with the default Administrator,…with a blank password.…The Server is the location where I installed…Vault Server.…
The Vault Server was installed at this IP address.…It could be a full name, an IP address,…it could even be a domain if you installed…the Vault Server on a publicly-shared site.…So there's no reason why Vault Server can't be installed…out on the Web on a publicly-exposed Internet site.…You just need to have the authorization…through the Vault client to get to it.…And, finally, once you've done that,…you've got the right User Name, Password,…and the name of the Server, you could either choose…the Vault in the dropdown or, if you don't know it,…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional