Join Gordon Luckett for an in-depth discussion in this video Options, part of Learn Vault: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] Global options are used to customize…your experience in the Vault client.…How files react when you double click,…or what is shown in the check in dialogue,…are available options you can configure.…Let's look at the options now,…in the Vault client.…Under Tools, click Options.…One of the first things you see…are the Use large status icons.…That's what you see next to the folders and files.…For example, in the background,…you can see Name has a document…and Folders have a folder symbol.…That could be shown larger or smaller,…depending on the options.…
One of my favorite check boxes here in the Options…is the Show working folder locations.…Let's check that, and click okay.…If I click on My Project,…you can see exactly where my project…would be when I check something out.…For example, the default location…for My Project is…C/Users/Gordon Luckett/Documents/Vault/My Project…If I drill down into, say, Notes,…you can see that when I check anything out…from the Notes folder it will go to C/Users…and so on, down to the Notes folder.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional