Join Gordon Luckett for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading files with Autoloader, part of Learn Vault: The Basics.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] The Autodesk Vault Autoloader…enables you to batch more than one file at a time…into Vault.…This technique will be best used…if you're planning on putting multiple files…in the same folder.…For example, you may have scanned documents…or drawings…and you want to move them all up…from a drive or DVD,…you can bulk load them using the Autoloader.…Let's open the Autoloader now.…So, Autodesk Autoloader for Vault.…This Wizard will allow us…to walk through the process of loading…multiple files into Vault.…
First step is to find the location.…Let's select our exercise files folder on the desktop.…You will see all the different files that are in there.…First of all I'm gonna remove all the DWGs…from this list.…So in the filter,…I'm going to change the filter to AutoCAD files.…I'm going to highlight them all,…and just click Remove.…Click Yes, and then move this back to All File Types.…Now let's highlight what's remaining and click Scan.…The Scan keeps track of what kind of files,…and puts it into the wizard…so that it knows what files are available.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional