- [Voiceover] Other than using a version of AutoCAD…to push the DWGs into Vault, the Autoloader…can be used to load the DWGs as well.…Now, although supported, this process is best used…if the files are single-use and do not have xrefs.…Let's try using the Autoloader now.…Just type autoloader 2016 for Vault,…the wizard appears, we'll click Next,…we'll select our Exercise Files…on the Desktop folder, and click OK.…You should see the list of files in there, we'll click next.…
For Filter, we're going to change this…to AutoCAD files only, so let's highlight those,…click Scan, click OK, and we'll turn off the Filter,…and actually highlight any files…we don't need so we don't need the lazydog…or the PNGs, so any of the non DWGs, let's just…highlight in the list and click Remove, there,…so now we just have our DWGs so let's click Next.…
Let's log in to Vault, so in this case…I'm using Administrator.…There's the Server IP where I installed my Vault,…it's a server, and the only Vault…on there right now is MYVAULT so click OK and OK,…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.