This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Gordon Luckett, AutoDesk Certified Trainer and Senior Consultant at Arrow Geomatics. I want to welcome you to Learn Vault: The Basics. In this course, we will explore how to use AutoDesk Vault Basic to store your AutoCAD and other engineering files in a central repository. We will install both AutoDesk Vault Server on your Windows server, and the Vault client on your desktop. Throughout the course, we will learn how to add files to Vault from both the Vault client and from AutoCAD. For multiple files, we will load Office and .dwg files with the Autoloader.
Finally, we will look at some of the amazing features found in the Vault Workgroup and Professional versions that are not found in Vault Basic, including a 100% web client for viewing your files. Let's get started.