Join Gordon Luckett for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the Vault server, part of Learn Vault: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] Since Autodesk Vault Server…is a complete autonomous file management system…it is recommended that it is installed on a clean server…without any other software installed.…It should not be an add-on to a pre-existing server…or put in an old repurposed server.…It will store a huge amount of files…and should be treated as an enterprise solution.…Let's go ahead and download Autodesk Vault Server…from the Autodesk site.…So I've logged into manage.autodesk.com under my account…and there should be a link called product enchantments.…
If this link is not there you may want…to contact Autodesk support and ask where…the links are to Auto Desk Vault Basic.…Just go ahead and click that and we're going find…the vault basic install.…So if you don't see it in your list right away…just press CTR F.…Type in basic.…It should find Autodesk Vault basic 2016.…Let's click on that.…Inside the Autodesk Basic 2016…download box let's scroll down…and find the download and install…for Vault Basic server component.…
In this case I want to pick the very first one.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional