- [Voiceover] Autodesk Vault Client…requires an AutoCAD product, or products…based on AutoCAD, such as AutoCAD Map 3D,…AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Architecture,…AutoCAD Mechanical, etcetera.…Regardless of version, the DWG format…is the primary file format to push into Vault Basic.…Now, as you can see, we've already got…AutoCAD 2016 installed on the desktop.…So, we can go ahead and download and install Vault Client.…Let's log into manage.autodesk.com,…click on the Product Enhancements.…
Do a quick find, Control F, and type in basic.…We'll click on Autodesk Vault Basic 2016, and this time…we're going to download the VBC2016 ENU,…that is, the Vault Basic Client 2016 in English version.…So, we'll go ahead and download that.…Now, I've already done that, so I'm just going…to go into my downloads, and there it is there.…So, we're gonna run it, and it will install on my Client.…Now remember, we are on the Client computer, our desktop.…Perhaps it's Windows 10.…
You have AutoCAD installed.…This isn't the server, so this will install…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.