- [Voiceover] External references, or xrefs,…are DWG's that are attached to another DWG…so that they can appear in the background of your main file.…These files are often used…by a lot of people at an organization…but are locked when in use.…Moving them into Vault enables everyone to access the xrefs.…Let's try that now.…Let's double click on the WATER_PIPES.dwg…to open it in AutoCAD.…Let's command line.…Make sure you have the xref window open…by typing, "xref" in the xref window.…Right click.…Choose, Attach DWG…and we're going to attach the WATER_SERVICES…to our current drawing.…
Click Open and click OK.…You will notice the grey service connections…are now adjacent to each of the water pipes.…Let's put these into Vault.…Click on the Vault ribbon.…Click Log in.…We'll log in to Vault.…Next, we'll Check in.…We're going to put these in the Source directory.…Click OK.…You will notice that both the WATER_PIPES…and the WATER_SERVICES, which is just an xref…are selected and in the files tree.…
Click OK.…Click Yes.…Click OK.…Let's close AutoCAD…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.