- [Voiceover] Within Autodesk Vault Basic,…since you cannot use the Vault Client to upload .dwg files,…you must use AutoCAD-based products to connect to Vault.…AutoCAD Map 3D, Civil 3D,…Mechanical, are all supported.…Let's open that .dwg now.…In the exercise files, let's double click on BUILDINGS.dwg…to open it up inside of AutoCAD.…Since I've installed the Vault Client,…you will see that there'll be a Vault ribbon…inside of AutoCAD.…I can certainly log into Vault at this point.…
It'll ask me what my user name,…my password, the server, it could be an IP address,…or the name of the server,…wherever you installed the Vault server,…you need to know the computer's name…in order to put this in.…In this case, it's 10.3.66.10 in my case.…Pick the right Vault, it's gonna be MYVAULT,…click OK, and we'll log in.…Now that we're logged into Vault,…you'll see some of the buttons…in the Vault ribbon are now available.…So let's check in this BUILDINGS file into the Vault.…
So we'll click Check in,…I already have a folder structure set up,…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.