- [Voiceover] The Autodesk Vault server has three components…web engine, files, and SQL Server.…Each component works together to provide Vault…a place to manage both AutoCAD files and documents.…Let's go into the Autodesk data management server console…on the server.…I already have a Vault set up called MYVAULT.…I'm gonna set up a couple more.…Now, often I work with municipalities who use Vault…and they want to separate their Vaults into types,…for example usually they have a City Hall for…City Hall employees planning, engineering, and so on,…and they use and share documents quite frequently,…so they get their own Vault.…
So I'm gonna create that right now…and I'll just call it CITY_HALL.…And then there's other departments that do not want to share…any documents whatsoever for security reasons.…So what we'll do is we'll create two more Vaults.…One will be called POLICE and the other one…will be called FIRE.…So let's create the POLICE Vault,…and finally we'll create the FIRE.…So right click, create, FIRE Vault.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.