- [Voiceover] Categorization of files and folders…enabled them to have rules applied.…Each category can be assigned to a folder or file…and a Rule will assign that category.…Categories drive the easier to find Properties,…Lifecycles and Revisions.…In the Vault Settings,…the Behaviors tab does not even exist…in the Vault Basic edition.…So you may have not have seen this…if you've seen any other videos in this course.…In the Categories area,…you'll see that there are Categories…and Rules to be applied.…Categories are the most important feature…inside the Behaviors.…
In fact, you should always do Categories first…and then do the Rules.…To assign Categories,…simply click the Categories Button.…Categories are the root of all the Rules,…the Revision, the Lifecycles,…and the Properties across the board…within Vault.…We configuring Folder Categories or File Categories,…you can change them in the drop down box…at the top of the screen.…Notice for the Folder Category,…you can see the name and description…of a lifecycle at the bottom underneath Behaviors.…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.