- [Voiceover] The Vault Client is great for moving…non-AutoCAD files into Vault,…especially if you're using the Vault Basic Client.…From your desktop, you can move any file…into a folder in Vault.…Once there, it can be versioned and edited…by multiple users.…Let's add a PDF using the Vault Client now.…So in My Project in a subfolder called Notes,…I'm gonna right click and click Add Files.…Alternatively, I could actually click File, Add Files.…We'll go into our Desktop, Exercise Files,…and click on the Vault_Best_Practices_Whitepaper,…and click Open.…
We're not gonna Keep the files checked out,…we're not gonna Delete the working copy,…and we're just gonna upload this file directly.…Click OK.…It sent the PDF up to the server.…It is now stored on the server.…Every time you update the PDF, the history will be listed,…and the version will be created.…It will let you know who created it…and when it was checked in.…Now we can't preview the PDF,…but we certainly can open it in a new window,…just by clicking Open.…The PDF will open in a window,…
This course concentrates on the administrative side of Vault Basic. Gordon Luckett shows how to install a Vault server on a central Windows Server, and install the Vault Basic client on a computer with AutoCAD. The server and client are used to track how AutoCAD DWG and other non-CAD files are added, searched, and checked in and out of Vault. Gordon also covers autoloading files to Vault, and backing up and restoring the system. The final chapter covers the premium features in Vault Professional, such as categories, rules, and revisions.
- Installing the Vault server and client
- Organizing files and folders with Vault Basic
- Adding files
- Searching files
- Setting up client administration settings
- Connecting to Vault from AutoCAD
- Checking files in and out
- Autoloading files
- Backing up and restoring Vault
- Working with Vault Professional
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding and Installing Audodesk Vault
Overview of Autodesk Vault2m 51s
2. Using Vault Basic Client
3. Vault Client Administration
5. Autoload Files
6. Vault Server Administration
7. Vault Professional Only
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.