Join Thiago Mundim for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Model View Options, part of Up and Running with ArchiCAD.
- [Voiceover] Next in our list…is the Model View options.…And, as the name suggests,…it allows us to visualize the model in different ways.…For instance, if I change here from Model View option 03…to 01, you're going to notice that all the walls are…now empty, the doors and windows are gone.…Let's go back to 03…and let's see what other options we have.…To do that, we go to Document,…Set Model View,…Model View Options.…Here at the top we have…all the Model View Option Combinations that we have so far.…
If we go down to the next tab,…Options for Construction Elements.…Here, we can choose how we want to display the beam.…If we want to see the Entire Beam,…or just the Reference Axis,…or just the Contour Line.…We can also choose how we want to see the Door Options.…For instance, I can choose with or without the Marker.…I can choose the show only the opening,…or, the opening with Contours,…Or I can actually choose to…Hide the doors on the Floor Plans.…
I'm going to go back and Show the doors on Plans.…If we go down here, we can do the same…
ArchiCAD expert Thiago Mundim shows you how to use the ArchiCAD tools needed to model, document, and publish your design. He begins with covering the interface basics, navigating your BIM model, and modeling essential architectural elements in 2D and 3D. Then he outlines how to document your design, adding sections, elevations, dimensions, and details. Finally, you'll learn how to set up layout sheets and publish designs in common formats such as PDF and DWG. Thiago also shows you how to export drawings to the free BIMx app for tablets and smartphones, so you can take your ArchiCAD work anywhere.
- Setting up projects, stories, and working units
- Importing other drawings in ArchiCAD
- Working with walls
- Creating slabs
- Adding windows, doors, roofs, and stairs
- Creating zones
- Editing sections
- Setting up drawing dimensions
- Working with the pen set
- Adding views and schedules
- Publishing ArchiCAD projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Introducing the interface2m 22s
2. Starting a New Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.