Join Thiago Mundim for an in-depth discussion in this video Master layouts, part of Up and Running with ArchiCAD.
- In this video, we're going to start a process…of publishing your project, and to do that,…we go to the Layout book here in the Organizer,…and you're going to notice that ArchiCAD has already…some layouts set up for us.…This is inherited from the template that we choose…at the beginning,…so for instance, let's go ahead and give it a double click…on this Ground Floor,…and you're going to notice that we have a layout…with an empty drawing in the middle.…What you need to know here is that we have layouts…and master layouts.…
The layouts is where we are going to put our drawings…and the master layout is a template for it,…so for instance, this Ground Floor here is actually…following the master layout A2 Landscape.…If I change it here to A3 Landscape,…you're going to notice that the master layout is now…smaller and it may have some different information…in the title box.…Let's go back to the A2 Landscape…and you'll notice that everything that is in red here…belongs to the master layout.…For instance, if we double click here on the A2 Landscape…
ArchiCAD expert Thiago Mundim shows you how to use the ArchiCAD tools needed to model, document, and publish your design. He begins with covering the interface basics, navigating your BIM model, and modeling essential architectural elements in 2D and 3D. Then he outlines how to document your design, adding sections, elevations, dimensions, and details. Finally, you'll learn how to set up layout sheets and publish designs in common formats such as PDF and DWG. Thiago also shows you how to export drawings to the free BIMx app for tablets and smartphones, so you can take your ArchiCAD work anywhere.
- Setting up projects, stories, and working units
- Importing other drawings in ArchiCAD
- Working with walls
- Creating slabs
- Adding windows, doors, roofs, and stairs
- Creating zones
- Editing sections
- Setting up drawing dimensions
- Working with the pen set
- Adding views and schedules
- Publishing ArchiCAD projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Introducing the interface2m 22s
2. Starting a New Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.