The new ribbon interface in ArcGIS Pro organizes commands into a logical and convenient arrangement. Contextual tabs hold additional commands and are only displayed when relevant tasks are being performed.
- [Instructor] ArcGIS Pro brings a new interface…to the world of geographic information system software.…Let's take a look at it by starting up a new project…by choosing the Map template from the main start screen.…When I click on it, it brings up a new Create New Project…window where we can give our project a name.…I'm going to name this First Project.…It'll default to a location inside of our user folder,…inside of documents, ArcGIS, and then projects.…We can either choose that location…or press the browse icon on the far right…to choose a new location on our computer.…I'll browse out to my desktop,…and go into the Exercise folder,…and then click on Chapter 01.…
Then I'll come down and press the Select button…to choose that location.…Because I have this check mark turned on…that says Create a new folder for this project.…Inside the Chapter 01 folder,…we'll get a new folder called First Project…and then all my project files will be stored inside of that.…Let's go ahead and press the OK button…to start up the new project.…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.