Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with map layouts, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- We've made significant progress on gathering,…arranging, and symbolizing the data within our map.…Now it's time to add the finishing touches before we…publish the final version for the world to see.…So far we've been working with our map…in a global mode called Data View.…Let's switch gears a little bit and take a look…at a second way to view our maps…through something called the Layout View.…Layout View allows you to visualize how all of the map's…elements will be arranged on a piece of paper.…You can access it by pressing this button…down here on the bottom of the screen.…You can also get to the Layout View by going up to the…View menu here and choosing from Data View…to switch it to Layout view.…
When you first switch to Layout View,…you get this new Layout Toolbar right here.…I'm going to go ahead and click on it and drag it up…and doc it right below my other…tools to get it out of the way.…We'll come back and take a look at that in a moment.…Now Layout View represents the sheet of paper…that our map will get printed out on.…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.