Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with bookmarks, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Just like when surfing the web…ArcMap provides a system of recording bookmarks…for places that you would like to return to…over and over again.…Bookmarks in ArcMap work exactly like they do…in your favorite browser.…You simply go to a place you'd like to return to…and create the bookmark.…So let's add a few to help us get around…in our map documents.…Now earlier we saw the zoom-in, zoom-out and pan tools…that we can use to navigate around our map documents.…Remember those sticky shortcut keys that I talked about.…Let's go ahead and hold down the Z key…to switch to the Zoom tool…and zoom into the State of Florida here.…I'll just draw a box around it.…
Then I'll reload the map…and I'm going to hold down the Z key, once again,…and just click my mouse a single time…to zoom into a standard scale of one to 8 million.…We can then use our pan tool,…and if you don't have that activated,…you can press the C key,…and we'll pan to get Florida centered in the map.…Now, let's say that this is a view…that I want to return to over and over again.…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.