Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the advanced editing tools, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- When modifying the geometry of existing features,…ArcMap provides some additional tools to help with…some of the more commonly performed editing tasks.…Let's take a look at how we can use a few of them…to speed up some edits to our Washington state…data here in the San Juan Islands.…First, I'm gonna go ahead and turn on…this layer here called Washington Roads Clip.…Then, I'm gonna go ahead and use a bookmark…to zoom in to some of the data I want to edit.…Now comparing our road layers to the underlying base map,…I can see that we have a new road…that's been installed right through here.…You can see the indentation through the trees.…Let's go ahead and turn on our editing…toolbar so we can add the new road.…
I'm gonna go to the Customize tab, point in Toolbars,…and then go down to turn on the Editor.…Then, I'm gonna go over to the…Editor menu, and start editing.…Next, I'm gonna go back to the Editor menu,…and come down here to More Editing Tools,…and turn on the Advanced Editing menu as well.…We can go ahead and move that down…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.