So what do you need to know before watching this course? Everything I show you about mapping in this course can be done with free online sources. Since we will use Google, you should get a Google account. Just visit google.com and chose to sign in, in the upper right. Then, you can sign in with an existing account, or create your own new account. Also, I recommend you download and install Google Earth to your computer. This will become important when we begin building geographic layers later in this course.
Other than those few requirements, I only ask you join me in excitement, as I show you how to do GIS on the web.
- Understanding map mashups
- Finding coordinates
- Mapping with Google Drive
- Geocoding with addresses and coordinates
- Merging data
- Analyzing your map
- Adding GIS layers from services or a file
- Working with the Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Esri APIs
- Sharing and publishing your work
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mapping on the Internet
2. Google Maps Mashups Made Easy
3. Esri Maps Mashups Made Easy
4. Advanced Concepts: Application Programming Interfaces
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.