The graduated colors symbolization method determines the range of numerical values for a given attribute, then breaks that range into a number of discrete buckets and applies a color gradient.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] When our geo spatial data…includes numeric fields we have a couple…of different ways to distinguish the relative…differences between features on the map.…One of these is to create classification buckets…that represent a range of values…and then sort the data into groups.…These groups can then be symbolized using…a color scale that ranges from high to low.…This visualization style is called graduated colors.…I like to apply this to some historic fire data…from Yosemite National Park and we can find…that in the databases folder for the project…inside of the Yosemite geo database…and then we'll find fire history.…
Let's go ahead and click and drag it onto the map…and I'll place it above the wilderness layer.…That will apply a default randomized symbology…to the fire data on our map.…I'm going to turn off the wilderness layer,…the hiking trails and the viewpoints…so that we can focus on the fire data.…To get a feel for what data is available…in these fire events, go ahead and visit…the data tab on the feature layer group…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.