Line and polygon vector data shapes have additional symbolization options over simple point data. Lines, can include customizable dash effects. As with point data, multiple layers can be added to build a symbology.
- [Instructor] Symbology options for line-based data…is generally the same as it is for point data,…with the addition of dash effects that we can apply.…The same options also apply…to the outside edges of polygon-based data.…Let's take a look at what we can do with our hiking trails…in Yosemite National Park.…To add the trails to our map,…we'll visit the databases folder in the project pane.…Then we'll expand the Yosemite geo database,…and find the hiking trail feature class.…Go ahead and click and drag it,…and drop it into the map document on the left.…That'll add the hiking trail data to the map,…and it'll apply a randomized symbology to the lines.…
In my case, they came out as this blue-gray color.…To change the symbology, click on the symbol patch…below the words hiking trail.…That'll open up the symbology pane…on the right side of the screen.…Now, just like with our point symbols,…we have the options of choosing from a pre-made gallery,…or working directly with their properties.…In the gallery, you can scroll through…
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.