In this movie, Adam shows you how to use the exercise files that accompany this course. Each movie will have its own project home folder and geodatabase.
- [Narrator] If you have access to the exercise files for this course you'll be able to follow along with the actions that I'm performing here on the screen. Simply copy them to a location on your computer that's easy to get to. I placed mine on the desktop. Inside exercise folder you'll see sub-folders for each chapter in the course. Inside each chapter folder, you'll see a folder for each project that we'll work on. ArcGIS Pro uses a project-based file structure which organizes data, presentation and other elements of your map layout into a single location, so inside of each of these project folders will be several files. These will include a Geo-Database that holds the data for our project, a toolbox for our project as well as this file here that ends in a .aprx file extension which stands for ArcGIS project file.
This is the one you want to double click on to open the project. Now because some of the data used in the exercise files comes from on-line sources you'll want to make sure that you have an active internet connection before starting each project. If you don't have access to the exercise files that's okay. You can apply what you see to your own geospacial data or simply sit back and watch.
- Creating a new map project
- Adding data sources to the project
- Managing data layers on the map
- Saving a project template
- Drawing new map features
- Querying and extracting features
- Creating geoprocessing models and packages
- Modifying the look and feel of the map through symbology options
- Adding map labels
- Working with 3D scenes
- Developing a map layout
- Sharing the map and data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Establish a New Map Project
3. Work with Data
4. Geoprocessing in ArcGIS Pro
5. Symbolize Features on the Map
6. Add Map Labels
7. Working in Three Dimensions
8. Develop a Map Layout
9. Share Your Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.