Join Jason VanHorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of GIS on the Web.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you are a premium member of Lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used in this course. I have them here on my desktop and you can download them directly from the course page. If you're not a premium member, you can follow along with what I'm doing, but you'll need to supply your own data. Everything I show you in this course can be done with an internet browser. You do not need ArcGIS or any Esri extensions to replicate what I do in the exercises in this course.
Now let's get started.
- Understanding map mashups
- Finding coordinates
- Mapping with Google Drive
- Geocoding with addresses and coordinates
- Merging data
- Analyzing your map
- Adding GIS layers from services or a file
- Working with the Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Esri APIs
- Sharing and publishing your work
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mapping on the Internet
2. Google Maps Mashups Made Easy
3. Esri Maps Mashups Made Easy
4. Advanced Concepts: Application Programming Interfaces
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.