Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the built-in reference map templates, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- The standard installation of ArcGIS includes…several pre-configured map templates…that you can choose from to jump-start…your map creation process.…Some of these templates set up standardized paper sizes…and position elements to give a consistent look…to maps that use those templates.…Others make use of base data that is installed…on your machine with ArcGIS.…Let's take a look at how we can…begin a map project using some of those templates.…Now I've currently got the map open still…from the last movie, and in order to get…to the templates I'm going to choose to open up…a new blank map here by clicking on this icon.…That'll open up this new document window.…
The new document window has a section over here…on the left with various templates.…Inside of My Templates is where we would go…to start up a new blank map document.…Simply click on the template and then press OK to open it.…Now notice this line here.…This gives me the path to this current template.…And you'll notice it says for me…Users\my user name\AppData\Roaming\Esri\Desktop10.2\…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.