Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using additional construction tools, part of ArcGIS Essential Training.
- In the last movie we added a new…point feature class to our Egypt geodatabase.…Now we'd like to add to the same geodatabase…a second feature class that will hold polygon…representations of the pyramid complex outside of Giza.…I've loaded up a new map here that includes…the world imagery base layer from Esri.…You can get to it from this drop-down menu…and then choosing add base map, and then…it says imagery base map here.…I'm going to X out of this window.…I've also created a bookmark here for pyramids…if you need to get back to this location.…Now, let's continue adding into our…Egypt geodatabase with a new feature class.…
I'll go to the catalog, I'll go into the chapter 11 folder.…I'll find the Egypt geodatabase that we created…in the last movie, and I'll right-click…on it and say new feature class.…The name of this feature class…is going to be PyramidComplex.…It's going to store polygon features,…so I can leave this here, and we'll go ahead and say next.…Next we get to choose the coordinate system…we're going to use, and it's already…
- Getting to know the ArcMap interface
- Geocoding addresses
- Measuring distances
- Adding and importing data
- Labeling and adding graphs
- Editing layer properties
- Seeing multiple views
- Making selections
- Exploring geospatial data with ArcCatalog
- Working with vector and raster data
- Styling the map
- Adding your own data
- Using the ModelBuilder
- Adding a legend and annotations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with a Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Organizing the Map
3. Working with Data Layers
4. Seeing Multiple Views of the Map
5. Selecting Map Elements
6. Exploring Geospatial Data
7. Geoprocessing Tasks
8. Working with Vector Data
9. Working with Raster Data
10. Styling the Map
11. Creating Your Own Data
12. Exploring the ModelBuilder
13. Finishing the Map
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.